Information for Artisans, Farmers and other Producers

Generally, if you grow, make or manufacture goods for sale, you do not need a traders license in order to sell your wares at a Farmers’ Market.  Please check with state and/or local officials to determine if any licenses apply to your business.  You can get more info about business licenses at

If you sell raw meats, prepared foods or other potentially hazardous food items, other licenses may apply.  Contact the health department for more information about selling processed foods.  Click on the link below to access the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s website.

Other helpful information can be found on our website in the Licensing Newsletter.  You can also see the requirements for an Anne Arundel County Special Event License, and you can view the Anne Arundel County  Guidelines for Special Events at

For more information on state requirements  go to the MD Department of Health & Mental Hygiene’s website.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: