Coming soon… Healthy Markets Newsletter and recipes!
Healthy Markets @ BWMC now has a newsletter to keep you informed about the market and the items that our farmers and vendors have for sale each week! Click here to subscribe! In addition, we will also be introducing a new recipe each week that features fresh, healthy ingredients from our farmer’s market! If you have a favorite recipe, please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! If we use it in our newsletter, you will receive $10 in gift tokens that can be used with any vendor at the farmers’ market! Come to the information booth for more details!
This week at the market, we will have tomatoes, corn, squash, watermelons, peaches and more! All fresh, all local, and all picked at the peak of ripeness. Don’t forget our artisans with handcrafted soaps, jewelry, recycled glass items, baked goods and more! To get started, try this recipe from www.realsimple.com
- 1 2-pound acorn or delicata squash—halved, seeded, and sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the oil, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Roast the squash until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.